Subject: Re: "usbd_get_string: getting lang failed, using 0"
To: Cliff Neighbors <cliff@NetBSD.org>
From: Matthias Drochner <M.Drochner@fz-juelich.de>
List: tech-kern
Date: 11/14/2007 19:03:32
cliff@NetBSD.org said:
> So we have ohci_root_ctrl_start() setting xfer->actlen to 1, and
> usbd_get_string_desc() insisting `actlen' should be minimum of 2.

Yes, there were some changes not kept in sync...
The descriptor fetch code is extremely hairy because there
are misbehaving USB devices which even lock up completely
if a length is asked for which they don't like. So I'd suggest
not to touch usbd_get_string_desc() but fix the emulation code
in the host controller driver. It would be nice if you'd first
sync the ohci code with uhci/ehci to deliver a proper language
ID, so that the code can be shared eventually.

best regards
Matthias

Forschungszentrum Juelich GmbH
52425 Juelich

Sitz der Gesellschaft: Juelich
Vorsitzende des Aufsichtsrats: MinDirig'in Baerbel Brumme-Bothe
Geschaeftsfuehrung: Prof. Dr. Achim Bachem (Vorsitzender), Dr. Ulrich Krafft (stellv.
Vorsitzender)