Subject: Re: kernel config and modules
To: Andrew Doran <ad@netbsd.org>
From: Darren Reed <darrenr@netbsd.org>
List: tech-kern
Date: 09/11/2007 08:48:15
Andrew Doran wrote:
> - LKMs depend on kernel data structures which change often. Again I've
>   been working on this one, e.g. the recent callout changes although there's
>   a lot of work to be done on this.

The path to making this better is to have more formal API specifications
for what the kernel exports in terms of functionality, etc.  In some places
we may not have APIs that we need to use but do not qualify for this yet.

If you have a list of troublesome structures, functions, etc, it may be
worth
posting that so others can look at it and potentially help you reduce
its size.

How many of the "invalid uses of config" have you created PRs for?

Darren