Subject: Re: soc zfs: system disk list (from userland)
To: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@shagadelic.org>
From: Brett Lymn <blymn@baesystems.com.au>
List: tech-kern
Date: 08/16/2007 13:05:43
On Wed, Aug 15, 2007 at 07:46:24PM -0700, Jason Thorpe wrote:
> Disks certainly used to be kept on a global list... This may have
> changed recently, I guess?

They are still kept on a global list.

> How are disk stats returned to userland now?

Disk stats are no longer kept in the actual disk structure, I split
them out when I did some work on generalising the i/o device statistic
collecting.  The disk struct has a pointer to a stats structure that
is associated with the device - all the stats structures are kept on
another linked list so userland can just walk that to retrieve the i/o
stats.

--
Brett Lymn