Subject: soc zfs: system disk list (from userland)
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: Oliver Gould <ogould@olix0r.net>
List: tech-kern
Date: 08/15/2007 22:17:07
Hello-

I see that there is a disk queue(9) (dk_link) stored in struct disk.
Yet, there is no code that manipulates this structure member in
sys/kern/subr_disk.c (nor, afaict with grep, anywhere else).  Is this
TAILQ actually maintained somewhere?

Either way, is there any way to iterate through attached disks (esp.
from userland)?

If there is not currently a way, I don't think that it would require much
more than adding TAILQ management into subr_disk.c?  This could be exposed
to userland through drvctl, unless there is a better place.

This isn't critical yet, but it will be important later.

Thanks,
  - Oliver