Subject: Re: azalia can't map device i/o space
To: None <diro@nixsyspaus.org>
From: Quentin Garnier <cube@cubidou.net>
List: tech-kern
Date: 07/23/2007 17:40:00
--p2kqVDKq5asng8Dg

On Mon, Jul 23, 2007 at 12:42:00AM -0400, diro@nixsyspaus.org wrote:
> http://mail-index.netbsd.org/netbsd-bugs/2007/07/21/0001.html
>=20
> I looked through the sources for azalia.c, azalia.h, and azalia_codec.c a=
nd
> reviewed some private correspondence from another NetBSD user. I am makin=
g time
> in my schedule to work on this; however, it's difficult as i am running 3=
.1
> instead of -current, so i don't think i'd be able to test any of the code=
 other
> than for syntax.
>=20
> Also, i wasn't sure if it was an issue with the driver or something with =
the
> motherboard. I would like to start working on these sorts of issues in Ne=
tBSD.
> In a situation like this, what's the best place to start? What's most lik=
ely the
> cause of the problem? Please advise.

It's a BIOS bug.  More precisely, the BIOS doesn't support 32-bits OSes,
at least those that don't do PAE.

Check the motherboard's vendor site for upgrades or use NetBSD/amd64...

--=20
"You could have made it, spitting out benchmarks
Owe it to yourself not to fail"
Amplifico, Spitting Out Benchmarks, Hometakes Vol. 2, 2005.

--p2kqVDKq5asng8Dg

--p2kqVDKq5asng8Dg--