Subject: Re: Device power management patch
To: Pavel Cahyna <pavel@netbsd.org>
From: Jared D. McNeill <jmcneill@invisible.ca>
List: tech-kern
Date: 07/18/2007 08:32:57
Pavel Cahyna wrote:
> Isn't it feasible to make a common PCI power handler and have only those
> several lines specific to each device in their power handlers?

That could work -- similar to how I created a common power handler for
ehci and uhci.

> Also, is it correct that vesafb_power does no saving/restoring of
> registers in the underlying (typically PCI) device?

Yeah, I haven't got around to it yet -- KVM86 is pretty flaky on my
system, I can't even restore the palette reliably when shutting down
from X! I also still have an open PR wrt KVM86 not working after resume.

Cheers,
Jared