Subject: Re: Removing __BROKEN_CONFIG_UNIT_USAGE
To: Quentin Garnier <cube@cubidou.net>
From: Matthias Drochner <M.Drochner@fz-juelich.de>
List: tech-kern
Date: 07/16/2007 22:34:32
Looks well so far, just a minor nit:

cube@cubidou.net said:
> +xy0 at xyc0 drive 0
> +xy1 at xyc0 drive 1
> +xy2 at xyc1 drive 2
> +xy3 at xyc1 drive 3

The drive number should be a locator which is local
to the parent instance. Probably:
xy0 at xyc0 drive 0
xy1 at xyc0 drive 1
xy2 at xyc1 drive 0
xy3 at xyc1 drive 1

> +	for (xa.driveno = 0, locs[XDC_DRIVE] = 0; xa.driveno < XDC_MAXDEV;
> +	    xa.driveno++, locs[XDC_DRIVE]++)
> +		(void) config_found_sm_loc(self, "xdc", (void *) &xa,
> +		    xdc_print, config_stdsubmatch);

It should only report the drive number(s) relatively to the local bus.
Didn't look too closely, and don't know the hardware. As it looks
there are at most 2 drivers per controller, but it doesn't know which
if them are present. So I'd assume a loop from 0 to 1 would do it.
XDC_MAXDEV should die.

best regards
Matthias

Forschungszentrum Juelich GmbH
52425 Juelich

Sitz der Gesellschaft: Juelich
Vorsitzende des Aufsichtsrats: MinDirig'in Baerbel Brumme-Bothe
Vorstand: Prof. Dr. Achim Bachem (Vorsitzender), Dr. Ulrich Krafft (stellv.
Vorsitzender)