Subject: Re: Relevance of IS09660 apple extensions for makefs
To: Dieter Baron <dillo@danbala.tuwien.ac.at>
From: Martin Husemann <martin@duskware.de>
List: tech-kern
Date: 07/12/2007 15:50:23
On Thu, Jul 12, 2007 at 03:38:57PM +0200, Dieter Baron wrote:
>   mac68k needs Apple Extensions to record creator/type for MacOS
> utility programs.

I can not find any references in tree where mac68k would need these.
The only place I see where the mac68k boot utilities (which might use this)
are touched, AFAICT, is the release: ${UUDECODE_FILES} target in
src/distrib/mac68k/stand/Makefile.

It only puts .sea.hqx and .uue files onto the CD, no plain executable MacOS
binary.

It would be nice if we could create unpack those and mark the appropriately
for direct use on MacOS - but, right now, I think it is not done and so
we do not need the extensions (neither from mkisofs nor makefs).

Martin