Subject: Re: Merging usbdevs files from others BSD
To: None <lacombar@gmail.com>
From: M. Warner Losh <imp@bsdimp.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 07/06/2007 14:08:18
In message: <20070706165819.GA28062@NetBSD.org>
            Arnaud Lacombe <lacombar@gmail.com> writes:
: On Fri, Jul 06, 2007 at 09:09:30AM -0600, M. Warner Losh wrote:
: > In message: <20070706011423.GA3834@NetBSD.org>
: >             Arnaud Lacombe <lacombar@gmail.com> writes:
: > : The usbdevs file used for this build can be found here:
: > :
: > : http://www.netbsd.org/~alc/usbdevs/usbdevs
: >
: > I just tried to run a diff against FreeBSD's file, and something is
: > weird.  It shows the whole file as changed.  Is there something your
: > script does to the original files that might cause this?
: >
: oups, yes, my bad, there is a tab after the product/vendor ID, not a space.
: The files have been corrected. Note also that the comment above product ID are
: still the symbolic name.

Cool!

I've merged in all the 'trivial' differences into FreeBSD's usbdevs
file.  I'll send you a private copy of what I just committed.  Can you
re-run your script and put things up again?  Maybe we can also merge
the 'trivial' diffs into NetBSD's and OpenBSD's usbdevs files and
iterate on convergence?

Warner