Subject: Re: D-Link DGE-560T panics kernel
To: Juan RP <juan@xtrarom.org>
From: Frank van der Linden <fvdl@netbsd.org>
List: tech-kern
Date: 07/06/2007 11:18:46
On Fri, Jul 06, 2007 at 10:55:37AM +0200, Juan RP wrote:
> Yukon-2 based should be supported by the msk(4) driver, perhaps just
> adding the pci vendor/product makes it attach/work correctly.

Ah, I see. The sk(4) driver shouldn't even match the Dlink 560 chips,
since it's not able to handle them.  Unless this is one of
those cases where the vendor did not change the PCI product ID for
a different chip, but I don't think so.

Try compiling a kernel without sk/skc, and with msk. That should work.
Or do boot -c, and 'disable skc'.

If that works, then the fix would be to remove the 560 match from sk/skc,
since that looks wrong.

- Frank