Subject: Re: kernel driver support for Dell 5/iR raid controller
To: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>
From: Mark Davies <mark@mcs.vuw.ac.nz>
List: tech-kern
Date: 06/30/2007 00:21:48
On Friday 29 June 2007, Manuel Bouyer wrote:
> It looks like adding support for the BCM5754 to bge(4) shouldn't be
> hard. I've given it a try; can you see if the install medias at
> ftp://www-asim.lip6.fr/outgoing/bouyer/i386/
>
> will detect your network adapter, and if it works ?

There was a thread or two about trying to get this to work on a Dell
Optiplex 745 on current-users back in Jan/Feb.  Got as far as
detecting the adapter and transmitting packets but wont receive
packets and thats where things still stand, but its possible that
thats an optiplex 745 rather than an adapter issue as the 745 also
has other problems.

cheers
mark