Subject: Re: proplib changes
To: Hisashi T Fujinaka <htodd@twofifty.com>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@netbsd.org>
List: tech-kern
Date: 06/28/2007 17:06:02
On Thu, Jun 28, 2007 at 01:56:19PM -0700, Hisashi T Fujinaka wrote:
> I'd appreciate it, in general, if discussions were kept on a public
> mailing list.

If discussions can try to tone down passion and concentrate on more
concrete examples and concerns, then I'm fine with it staying
public.  I just don't want to see a continuation of a thread with
a lot of posts that don't seem to fit that bill and which are not
going to be productive.  I feel like my time is kind of wasted by
such posts (including the one I'm writing ;-).

I thought it might be more productive for the people who care about
this so much to work something out and present some kind of consensus
or submit it for arbitration.

> are supposedly transparent, and there was a recent admonition to read
> tech-repository, a mailing list that I can't seem to find. Is this
> another closed mailing list?

No.  And I will say that I think that was an accidental referral--it
seems somewhat absurd that that list is closed.  It was perhaps
only because someone couldn't see how it would be of interest to
non-developers.

> I don't thing plists or XML will affect me in the way the other changes
> did, but I like seeing things coming.

Understandable.

-allen

--