Subject: Re: proplib changes
To: <>
From: Hisashi T Fujinaka <htodd@twofifty.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 06/28/2007 13:56:19
On Thu, 28 Jun 2007, Allen Briggs wrote:

> I think it's pretty clear that the format is going to be as it is
> (with the addition of a binary option to handle at least the "bloat"
> concern) unless there are sound technical arguments against it.
> I don't think the mailing list is the best place for that discussion
> right now.  Can some of the people who are passionate about it,
> please consider if their concerns are personal taste, resistance
> to change, resistance to XML, or something else, and if the concerns
> are "something else," please take the discussion off-line?

I'd appreciate it, in general, if discussions were kept on a public
mailing list. I've been surprised several times by -core decisions that
are supposedly transparent, and there was a recent admonition to read
tech-repository, a mailing list that I can't seem to find. Is this
another closed mailing list?

I don't thing plists or XML will affect me in the way the other changes
did, but I like seeing things coming.

--
Hisashi T Fujinaka - htodd@twofifty.com