Subject: Re: FYI: ENVSYS 2 ready
To: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>
From: Juan RP <juan@xtrarom.org>
List: tech-kern
Date: 06/27/2007 15:17:30
On Wed, 27 Jun 2007 14:50:45 +0200
Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org> wrote:

> It's because ipmi sensors are read one at a time, every 5s (talking to
> IPMI can be slow). sensors don't show up until the value has been read.

Right, also note that when a driver uses its own method to refresh sensors
(this one) envsys is limited to the timeout that it uses, because if you
try to see envstat(8) output before the driver has filled in the data the
computation to convert to uK will report what Takashi reported, for example.

I don't think this is a problem of envsys2.

--
Juan Romero Pardines	- The NetBSD Project
http://plog.xtrarom.org	- NetBSD/pkgsrc news in Spanish