Subject: Re: proplib changes
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: Johnny Billquist <bqt@softjar.se>
List: tech-kern
Date: 06/27/2007 01:36:39
Allen Briggs skrev:
> On Tue, Jun 26, 2007 at 11:49:53PM +0200, Johnny Billquist wrote:
>> But this just brings me back to the question if we want to do what
>> others already are doing successfully? (Ie. Microsoft).
>> Is that the only goal of NetBSD? To be accepted and used by the most
>> number of people? Trying to accomodate for the largest group of people?
>> Using the lowest common denominator?
>
> No.  You're extrapolating way out with little or no basis for that
> extrapolation.  I think the goals of NetBSD include being robust
> and useful for the people using it and attracting other users.

Well, I'm one of those people (one of the people using it), and to me
we're moving away from robust and useful.
That's my view on this, and a few other issues that have popped up the
last year or two. Sorry if my view disagree with yours, but that's the
way I see it. You may continue to ignore me. ;-)
Can't speak much for the "attracting other users", as I'm not one of
those. :-)

	Johnny