Subject: Re: AMD Geode GX reboot workaround
To: Juan RP <juan@xtrarom.org>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@netbsd.org>
List: tech-kern
Date: 06/26/2007 14:43:38
On Tue, Jun 26, 2007 at 08:16:26PM +0200, Juan RP wrote:
> Yes, it's intended. That was the only way to catch the regions...

I don't think so.  You don't even know which regions need to be caught,
AFAICT from what you've said.

> > I wonder if you've tried skipping the ACPI NVS region (by adjusting the
> > switch above this section to continue for BIM_NVS).
>
> I just tried it and the reboot is still there.

OK.  How about the ACPI and NVS regions, both?

As far as I can make out, the non-reserved sections are:
0x00000000 0x0009e000   1	(Memory)
0x00100000 0x06be3c00   1	(Memory)
0x06be3c00 0x06be6000   3	(ACPI)
0x06fff800 0x06fffc00   1	(Memory)
0x06fffc00 0x07000000   4	(NVS)

And the regions that you show in the last JPG are:
0x00002000 0x0009e000
0x0062e000 0x006ff000
0x00700000 0x01000000
0x01000000 0x06be3000

So you're really stopping after the second region, and you're chopping
that second region up into three pieces.

So it would be interesting to know if you crash if you just add_mem_cluster
the BIM_Memory types of regions.  If so, then it would be interesting to
know if you crash without adding the last memory segment since that may
be used for msgbuf.

-allen

--
Allen Briggs  |  http://www.ninthwonder.com/~briggs/  |  briggs@ninthwonder.com