Subject: RE: uvm_fault panic on 4.0_BETA2/amd64
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: De Zeurkous <zeurkous@nichten.info>
List: tech-kern
Date: 06/22/2007 14:46:02
Haai,

On Fri, June 22, 2007 14:31, D'Arcy J.M. Cain wrote:
> On Fri, 22 Jun 2007 14:08:01 -0000 (UTC)
> "De Zeurkous" <zeurkous@nichten.info> wrote:
>>[snip]
>

> Congratulations.

Thanks :)

>  Your are part of the 0.000001% of the population that
> can take a personal attack without any adverse effect.

Perhaps my urge to reply was an adverse effect. In any case, I've been
through enough trouble not to be bothered by getting a good kick in the
ass from time to time.

> Most of us
> still have that lizard brain that tells us that we are under attack and
> changes our perception of the situation and urges us to fight or take
> flight.

Hm, again, I still seem to have it. It has just undergone more careful
calibration than that of most people.

>  Sure, we can push it aside if we work at it but it generally
> works better if we all simply keep our offenses directed away from the
> person and on the problem at hand instead.

That's not what happened in the past. For example, check the flamewar over
my disklabel proposal.

> I hope you can help the rest of us lesser mortals out and try to direct
> your attacks towards ideas and situations in the future.

>  It just makes
> it easier on us as we stumble through life without your gifts.

Advice, when used wisely, can be a powerful gift. Doesn't it strike you as
odd that while others complain about not receiving financial incentives I
just shut up for a while (until the transformation to a post-scarcity
society is complete, that is) and focus on the fsckload of work?

Baai,

De Zeurkous

Friggin' Machines!