Subject: Re: uvm_fault kernel: page fault trap while un-tar-ing a large file
To: Allen Briggs <briggs@netbsd.org>
From: Edgar =?unknown-8bit?B?RnXf?= <ef@math.uni-bonn.de>
List: tech-kern
Date: 06/22/2007 12:49:15
> I'll try to set up a scenario on another machine where I can provoke
> the problem.
OK, it worked at once. I have a non-production machine sitting in DDB.
I never thought I would once be happy for a machine to drop into DDB.

> If I'm able to do that, I can try switching quotas off or using v1.
I can now either try how reproducible the crash is, hang around in DDB
or try v1.

> But this 0x10 looks weird. I need a digital camera in the server room.
At least this time, it's NOT 0x10, its 0x0. So probably my note were wrong.
And, it's then probably not amd64 specific.

I'll inspect the dq related structures after lunch.