Subject: Re: wedges dump autoconfiguration code
To: None <tech-kern@NetBSD.org>
From: David Young <dyoung@pobox.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 06/20/2007 14:12:33
On Wed, Jun 20, 2007 at 01:46:25PM -0500, David Young wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 20, 2007 at 01:56:06PM -0400, Christos Zoulas wrote:
> >
> > And merging of the disklabel compat wedge code (we had 3 copies).
>
> You can share handle_wedges with sparc64, too.  Let me send you my
> patches.

These patches create config_handle_wedges() for both x86 and
sparc64 to use.  On x86, handle_wedges() is a thin wrapper for
config_handle_wedges().

In support of moving disks between architectures (esp. i386 <-> evbmips),
I've written a routine convertdisklabel() that will uses a few strategies
to ensure that the raw partition is at RAW_DISK.

I've made it so that you can specify a root partition by wedge name, too.
E.g., wedge:wd0a, wedge:David's Root Volume.  I have some patches for
config(1), too, but they're not in this set.

I moved some common code into read_disk_sectors().

I have only tested on i386 and on evbmips, but sparc64 compiled.

Dave

dyoung@ojctech.com      Urbana, IL * (217) 278-3933 ext 24