Subject: Re: Kernel config file
To: matthew sporleder <msporleder@gmail.com>
From: Johnny Billquist <bqt@softjar.se>
List: tech-kern
Date: 06/18/2007 10:00:29
I'm curious.
Can someone explain to me what the big win is with these xml-style formats?
More "modern" just don't cut it here. What else is there to it?
It's definitely more verbose, with lots of cruft you need to get just
right, to express something rather simple.
The size of the files seem to grow to about triple.
It's a mess to deal with if you need to edit by hand.

I'm one of those guys who still haven't jumped on the xml bandwagon. Try
to convince me, or I'll keep thinking you're morons. :)

	Johnny