Subject: Re: Kernel config file
To: Hubert Feyrer <hubert@feyrer.de>
From: Martin Husemann <martin@duskware.de>
List: tech-kern
Date: 06/18/2007 09:11:12
On Mon, Jun 18, 2007 at 03:12:37AM +0200, Hubert Feyrer wrote:
> I guess the idea was not so much to use XML,

I am not talking about XML or plists - it is the wrapping of simple lines
into some complex sheme that I don't understand. Vague claims "there might
be more in the future" does not make a good argument for me.

Give a good example of something that is intended to be stored in this
file but not editable at the userconf prompt (besides the trivial to
solve timeout for the auto-boot countdown).

> but to use whatever is
> available for handling config file reading/parsing/handling available.
> Which is proplib(3).

I disagree with the last sentence.

Martin