Subject: Re: Using Floating Point in kernel... is bad, okay?
To: Juan RP <juan@xtrarom.org>
From: Bill Stouder-Studenmund <wrstuden@netbsd.org>
List: tech-kern
Date: 06/14/2007 14:11:12
--envbJBWh7q8WU6mo

On Thu, Jun 14, 2007 at 07:46:06PM +0200, Juan RP wrote:
>=20
> Why did anyone saw it before? specially the developer that imported
> the driver, (yes, Thor... you imported it).
>=20
> I would like to know how this code works currently, because with envsys2
> obviously catches the FP exception.

What probably happened was that the tool that used to query this info used
the FPU in userland, and wasn't performing an FP computation across the
call that requested information. Thus the FPU (probably) was live, and
application didn't notice that the FPU registers changed values.

Take care,

Bill

--envbJBWh7q8WU6mo

--envbJBWh7q8WU6mo--