Subject: ddb help command patch
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: Adam Hamsik <haaaad@gmail.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 06/08/2007 00:19:59
Hi folks,

I have had some free time and therefore I decide to learn something
about kernel development. When I test my code I found that netbsd ddb
is really painful to use, mostly because I can't look at manual pages
when I'm there.
Without patch you can use help command only to list all commands.

With my patch help command can be used to describe concrete ddb
commands e.g.

db>help break

prints "Set breakpoint to address"

this works also for nested commands like db> help show registers

I have added description to few of our ddb commands in which I'm sure.
Is this useable or we don't want feature like this in our ddb debugger.

Patch can be reviewed here [http://wasabi.fiit.stuba.sk/~haad/netbsd/
ddb_help.diff]

Regards
Adam Hamsik