Subject: Re: GPT support still needed? (was: RE: Recursive partitioning)
To: None <tech-kern@NetBSD.org>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
List: tech-kern
Date: 06/06/2007 13:26:55
>> Or am I expected to dig up my copy of Norton Utilities 1.0 for
>> Slowaris every time I nuke a disk in a test system for some reason?
> What on earth are you talking about?

I don't know, of course, but I can guess: talking about other
partitioning schemes necessary for compatability.

Like the MBR partitioning that's necessary for boot disks on i386, like
the Sun disklabel that's necessary for boot disks on sparc....

Or, for that matter, the disklabels that will be necessary in order to
use a disk on both pre- and post-GPT-flag-day kernels.  Or have you
decided that backward compatability doesn't matter?

/~\ The ASCII				der Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign