Subject: RE: GPT support still needed? (was: RE: Recursive partitioning)
To: Hubert Feyrer <hubert@feyrer.de>
From: De Zeurkous <zeurkous@nichten.info>
List: tech-kern
Date: 06/05/2007 22:41:51
Haai,

On Tue, June 5, 2007 22:31, Hubert Feyrer wrote:
>>[snip]
>
> Pardon my ignorance, but: do we really want to bother with GPT, now that
> even Apple can boot from systems with an MBR?

Personally, I believe the GPT system is overkill, as well. Most UNIX (and
some  other) systems AFAIK either use their own disk slices and/or aren't
used intensively in multiboot configurations; the deployment of the
remaining (semi-popular) OSes is seldom planned seriously.

The only thing which would benefit from it, at least that I can think of,
is Lunix -- but they make a mess of everything, anyway.

Baai,

De Zeurkous

Friggin' Machines!