Subject: Re: IPF in our source tree
To: Martti Kuparinen <martti.kuparinen@iki.fi>
From: Martin Husemann <martin@duskware.de>
List: tech-kern
Date: 06/01/2007 12:06:28
On Fri, Jun 01, 2007 at 12:59:22PM +0300, Martti Kuparinen wrote:
> - In some files under src/sys/dist/ipf/netinet the original code checks
>   the return value from BCOPYIN() but we have removed those checks. Why?
>   Any objections if I revert back to the original version?

That is not possible. The idiom used by Darren does not work for NetBSD,
it can not even compile (unless you paper over it with gcc'isms and make
the macros always return 0, which is not a lot better than the current
state).

I suggested to Darren to change the style from

  int err = 0;
  err = BCOPYIN(some, args);

  int err = 0;
  BCOPYIN(some, args, err);

But this should be fixed upstream, not in our import.

Martin