Subject: IPF in our source tree
To: None <tech-kern@NetBSD.org>
From: Martti Kuparinen <martti.kuparinen@iki.fi>
List: tech-kern
Date: 06/01/2007 12:59:22
Hi,

While reading the IPF source code (in preparation for 4.1.23 import) I noticed
few things which I don't understand:

- Why did we perform s/ipfattach/iplattach/ and s/ipfdetach/ipldetach/ ?
   Any objections if I revert back to the original version?

- Why was the use of caddr_t deprecated? I'm fine with void*, I'd just like to
   know the technical reason for this...

- In some files under src/sys/dist/ipf/netinet the original code checks
   the return value from BCOPYIN() but we have removed those checks. Why?
   Any objections if I revert back to the original version?

- Some fuctions (e.g. fr_sttab_destroy) were converted from the old K&R(?)
   style to the new ANSI(?) C style. Why? There are still functions using
   the old style. Any objections if I revert back to the original version?

The reason I'm asking these is because I'd like to keep the number of changes
as small as possible (and feed all our changes to Darren so he can include
them in the official IPF code). This makes my life as the IPF maintainer much
easier...

Martti