Subject: Re: IBM ServeRAID driver, the first attempt
To: Tonnerre LOMBARD <tonnerre@bsdprojects.net>
From: Bill Stouder-Studenmund <wrstuden@netbsd.org>
List: tech-kern
Date: 05/15/2007 12:47:13
--uh9ZiVrAOUUm9fzH

On Tue, May 15, 2007 at 09:21:38PM +0200, Tonnerre LOMBARD wrote:
> Salut,
>=20
> This patch adds support for the IBM ServeRAID. It compiles, but I don't
> know for sure yet whether it boots. I only wanted to share the first
> experience.
>=20
> (The reason why I don't know yet whether it boots is that my Netfinity
> needs some special config flags in order to boot at all, which I forgot
> to set)
>=20
> Still to do:
>  * Test whether it actually works ;-)
>  * Add it to the config files of other arches
>  * Make it MP safe once the SMP patches are that far

=46rom looking at the code, it doesn't attach SCSI devices. So it shouldn't
attach a SCSI bus nor should it depend on the SCSI framework. You really
should look at the twa driver and ld_twa.c. The 3ware Apache cards also=20
use SCSI PDUs to send commands to the card.

Take care,

Bill

--uh9ZiVrAOUUm9fzH

--uh9ZiVrAOUUm9fzH--