Subject: Re: zfs target platform
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: Jan Schaumann <jschauma@netmeister.org>
List: tech-kern
Date: 05/03/2007 09:22:08
--YZ5djTAD1cGYuMQK

Oliver Gould <ogould@olix0r.net> wrote:
=20
> My question is: what NetBSD version should I target?  I'll want to take
> advantage of any new APIs (newlock2, etc), though I won't want things to
> change under me over the summer, either.

How about taking -current from today, see if it builds and runs fine,
and then develop against that.  In your local repository you'd basically
have your own branch, kindof. If you like, you can periodically update your
source tree or put off the merge until the end.

-Jan

--=20
   This is so cool I have to go to the bathroom.

--YZ5djTAD1cGYuMQK

--YZ5djTAD1cGYuMQK--