Subject: SoC: ZFS
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: Oliver Gould <ogould@olix0r.net>
List: tech-kern
Date: 04/16/2007 17:11:34
--3V7upXqbjpZ4EhLz

Hello-

As some of you may know, my proposal [1] for porting ZFS to NetBSD was
accepted as one of NetBSD's Google Summer of Code projects [2].  Despite
there being only a few, NetBSD's projects look really promising this
year.  The best of luck to all of the other grantees!

Development is scheduled to start at the end of May, so I have some time
to start getting my head into the project.  I've found some references
including the NetBSD internals book and those outlined in my proposal,
but I would be interested in anything else that might help put me on
track for the project.

I plan on maintaining a blog [3] with notes on my work.  I'd like to
encourage those of you who are interested in this project to follow my
progress there, on tech-kern, and on the netbsd-soc-cvs list [4].
Feedback will absolutely be appreciated.

Thanks to those who wrote me with encouraging words-- I'm very excited
to work on such an interesting and well-received project.

I appreciate this opportunity, and I look forward working with all of
you this summer.

  - Oliver

[1] http://www.olix0r.net/bitbucket/index.cgi/netbsd/zfs/2007/03/26
[2] http://code.google.com/soc/netbsd/about.html