Subject: Re: Phy addr from Virtual Addr (vm_map_entry) ?
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: Nalin Gupta <nalingupta2000@gmail.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 04/14/2007 20:55:02
On 4/14/07, Martin Husemann <martin@duskware.de> wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 13, 2007 at 09:43:26AM -0700, Jason Thorpe wrote:
> > Note that the physical page can also change underneath you at any time
> > unless you first wire the mapping.
>
> But he said:
>
> > Assume original page was allocated by uvm_km_kmemalloc1(kernel_map, .... )
> > and wired using  uvm_pagewire.
>
> so the wired part would be handled, but the "kernel_map" above confuses me
> (and I don't know what uvm_km_kmemalloc1 is supposed to be)
>
> Martin

Originally,
1. I used uvm_km_kmemalloc1 bcos man page says it allocate wired pages.
   (Still unsure but much later from src code comment, I found it may do only
    when uvm_object is type kernel_object).

2.  kernel_map - I used bcos I do not know what exactly to use.  From some
    references and guess I used it, considering I wanted to allocate wired pages
    with in kernel owned by kernel.

regds,
- nalin