Subject: Re: Missile launchers vs uhid
To: Lubomir Sedlacik <salo@Xtrmntr.org>
From: Matthias Drochner <M.Drochner@fz-juelich.de>
List: tech-kern
Date: 02/28/2007 19:40:43
salo@Xtrmntr.org said:
> iow, "Ten X Missile Launcher is not a HID device."

It claims to be one (albeit a pretty generic one according
to the descriptor dumps in Stephen's mail), and there is
no indication that there is some specific bug which suggests
not treat it as one.
I guess the OpenBSD people just wanted to keep the uhid
driver out, to make the Linux stuff work out of the box.

I'd assume that it would just work to send the 8/64 byte
datablocks defined in the Python script to the uhid device
through USB_SET_REPORT ioctls.

dunceor@gmail.com said:
> Even though, why not put it in usbdevs?

This bould be just a waste of memory. The device can identify
itself good enough because it implements the string descriptors
necessary.

best regards
Matthias