Subject: Re: Please Revert newlock2
To: Bucky Katz <bucky@picovex.com>
From: Thor Lancelot Simon <tls@rek.tjls.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 02/21/2007 08:08:38
On Tue, Feb 20, 2007 at 11:02:40PM -0800, Bucky Katz wrote:

> Let's keep this very simple: I was told the changes could go into
> 4.0.  I'm asking that this be done now.  Will it or won't it?

When you say "the changes" I'm now assuming you mean "the OMAP port".
Since pullups for that are in the queue, barring some unexpected problem
it will be in 4.0.

> > "If you can't get some of your changes into Y, you can probably get
> > them into Y.1" as "I will not permit your changes into Y but good
> > luck getting them into Y.1".
>
> We (plural) do not wish to wait for Y.1.  We (plural) were told Y.0
> would be possible. We (plural) aren't assuming any kind of nefarious
> anything.  We (plural) wish a straight answer to a simple question.
> Will you (plural, NetBSD developers) pull OMAP into 4.0 or not?

Now that you're asking about one specific change, it is possible to
answer the (now-simple) question!  Yes, as Michael and Matt noted, it
will be in 4.0.

You can probably get lots of other changes into 4.0 as well, but depending
on when you ask, it is possible that some changes you wanted in 4.0 may
end up in 4.1, so better to ask sooner than later.

Thor