Subject: Re: Please Revert newlock2
To: Bucky Katz <bucky@picovex.com>
From: Andrew Doran <ad@netbsd.org>
List: tech-kern
Date: 02/21/2007 01:07:05
On Tue, Feb 20, 2007 at 02:45:28PM -0800, Bucky Katz wrote:

> I dunno. #ifdefing out the "new scheduling infrastructure" should be
> just as easy as #ifdefing in the SA code.
>
> Not seeing a problem here.

Sorry, but 1:1 threading is not going away. As others have pointed out, if
you need stability then you automatically need to use a release branch of
NetBSD. That is our stated position, and it's plain as day:

    -current is normally an alpha quality distribution. It isn't
    even guaranteed to compile.

One comfort you can draw from that is the 1:1 changes will not become
mainstream until NetBSD 5.0 is released - a whole two major versions
away.

Andrew