Subject: Re: Please Revert newlock2
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: Bucky Katz <bucky@picovex.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 02/20/2007 19:19:48
Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@netbsd.org> writes:

> The important point is that "being rude" is not in the list.
>
> You're being told that how you are approaching things is not going
> to help you get what you want.

Actually, I was told I'm not going to get what I want. *Then* I
started "being rude". I'm sorry, it would never dawned on me that
anyone who reads mail lists on the internet is so thin skinned as to
confuse direct with rude.  And yes, it's _direct_ and not _rude_. I
do know how to be rude, and I'm sure you'd be able to tell the
difference.

Of course, I've been tolerating rude behavior from the developers for
six months, so I'm cutting myself a bit of slack for replying in
kind. (See, we're _all_ human, here.)

> Your continuing behavior, both the immediate present and the future,
> is the issue.

Right. Like I said, let's make it the user's fault that the NetBSD
community is nonresponsive.

> The pain you felt at the threading change gives you a fair amount of
> "cred" with the project. Irritating the developer community
> decreases said "cred." I recommend spending it well. You've already
> gotten ARM fixed (Matt Thomas's shark, running current, has finished
> rebuilding itself).

and neither my TS7200 nor my OSK5912 yet boot.  Hardly "fixed".  By
the way, have you noticed how polite I'm being in the ARM discussions?
Thanking people and everything.  (Just in case you thought I didn't
know how to be polite.)

What I "got" with that "cred" is something that should have been done
right in the first place that I had to "share my pain" to get anyone
to work on at all.

> I am most frustrated by all of this as many of the things you ask
> for and claim to want are reasonable and things I desire. However
> how you are participating in the discussion is washing all of that
> out.

Actually, everything I've asked for is reasonable.  Well, maybe not
the sheep. The sheep are always unreasonable.  But ya gotta ask.

You don't like my manners. Bogart has a good line in _The Big Sleep_
about manners and winter nights.

But you're cutting your nose off to spite your face if you're not
going to act on things you desire because you don't like the behavior
of someone else who desires them.

Y'all aren't going to make me a developer, anyway. One day I'll be
gone, and you won't have rude Bucky to blame anymore. So what _will_
you blame for not implementing all those reasonable things you desire?