Subject: Re: Please Revert newlock2
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: Bucky Katz <bucky@picovex.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 02/20/2007 18:25:15
Thor Lancelot Simon <tls@rek.tjls.com> writes:

F> On Tue, Feb 20, 2007 at 05:07:54PM -0800, Bucky Katz wrote:
>>
>> Then, perhaps, he should have offered advice to core, rather than flat
>> fiats to the users.
>
> I don't know how you intend the word "fiat" but your use of it does not
> seem compatible with my understanding of its meaning.

A 'fiat' among other things is a declaration of what will be, made by
an authority.

>  tried to help you by offering such explanations and information as
> he personally had.

On the other hand, that's a use of 'help' that I'm not familiar with.
Jason dropped in, declared "ain't gonna happen" and otherwise make
unhelp incorrect characterizations of where the situation stands.  If
that's your idea of "help", I am truely confused.

> You seem angry with him for this, but I must admit that I have
> considerable difficulty grasping why.

If I _seem_ to be angry with someone, you're reading me wrong. I
make it *very* clear when I'm angry.

I'm finding Jason's contribution to be obstructionist and unhelpful,
and I'm saying so directlly. He has mischaracterized what is being
asked for and made proclamations that flat out contradict discussions
going on elsewhere.

- end though, new thought here -

This is about how a process works, and it's a bad idea for anybody to
get angry with anybody over it, even if they express strong opinions
in plain words.