Subject: Re: page loaning and pagedaemon
To: YAMAMOTO Takashi <yamt@mwd.biglobe.ne.jp>
From: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@netbsd.org>
List: tech-kern
Date: 12/06/2006 09:00:40
--a8Wt8u1KmwUX3Y2C

On Fri, Dec 01, 2006 at 08:22:20AM +0900, YAMAMOTO Takashi wrote:
> hi,
>=20
> currently ->K page loaning often removes pages from the page queue.
> because it confuses pagedaemon/pdpolicy much, i'd like to change it.
> ie. leave loaned pages on the page queue.

I haven't commented as I'm not as familiar with the vm system as I'd like=
=20
to be.

What will be the consequence of this change, other than pdpolicy being=20
less confusing? i.e. there is some reason loaned pages were treated=20
special. Do we no longer need such treatment? Are we achieving the same=20
goals differently?

Take care,

Bill

--a8Wt8u1KmwUX3Y2C