Subject: Re: quad dual core dmesg
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: Juan RP <juan@xtrarom.org>
List: tech-kern
Date: 11/08/2006 20:28:07
On Wed, 8 Nov 2006 14:13:07 -0500
"George Georgalis" <george@galis.org> wrote:

> I'm evaluating an 8 core 1-u (heh), and I notice
> something strange with the SATA drive, the "hands
> on" person says it's an SATA, but it looks like an
> ATA.  What's going on with pciide0 vs pciide1?
>
> are there any other compatibility issues I've not
> noticed?

The problem with the SATA controller is that the viaide
driver in 3.1 does not support this one (MCP55).

The following commit added support for your controller:

revision 1.30
date: 2006/06/17 08:03:14;  author: xtraeme;  state: Exp;  lines: +34 -2
Enable support for NVIDIA MCP04 and MCP55 IDE/SATA Controllers, tested
by rillig with MCP55.