Subject: Re: Netbsd 4 kernel crash on startup
To: Pavel Cahyna <pavel@netbsd.org>
From: Sigmund Skjelnes <skjelnes@robin.no>
List: tech-kern
Date: 11/04/2006 17:21:26
disable piixpcib did make the kernel boot, thanks a lot!

With or without sea makes no difference, I'd think I'll comment it out
from the config, just in case. Neither piixpcib nor sea is used for some
useful unit in this particular pc, so I'll gonna leave them out without
any side effect.

Tried to compile a kernel with piixpcib commented out, but that build
stopped with an error. I'd think that is because piixpcb is used by
something. Trying to build a new kernel to verify this, and make an
kernel that boots normally, but it stops on a whole list of syntax
errors when I'd make depend on it. Maybe it's wrong version of make, now
I'd try to update everything properly before try another kernel build.

At least I'd got an kernel that runs, that's a progress.

Cincerely,
Sigmund