Subject: Re: How to get the firmware node into the device properties early?
To: Quentin Garnier <cube@cubidou.net>
From: Martin Husemann <martin@duskware.de>
List: tech-kern
Date: 09/13/2006 15:03:48
On Wed, Sep 13, 2006 at 02:52:44PM +0200, Quentin Garnier wrote:
> We could very well introduce some kind of config_alloc_child to get a
> device_t.  config_found and related don't have to change.

Hmm, but what (additional) args would you pass to config_alloc_child(),
that would allow the MD code to infere the firmware node, without having
MI bus code having to know about it? If there would be a way to do that,
we could just as well pass that args additionally to device_register.

Sounds like the ugly code I have might be the best we can do in this case.

Martin