Subject: Re: How to get the firmware node into the device properties early?
To: Martin Husemann <martin@duskware.de>
From: Jachym Holecek <freza@dspfpga.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 09/13/2006 13:21:01
# Martin Husemann 2006-09-12:
> I am looking for an easy way to retrieve the OpenFirmware node (phandle)
> of a struct device * I get passed in device_register(). Is there any magic
> way to store them in the device properties early?

Not that I'm aware of (besides something like you posted).

Maybe early MD code should be allowed to precreate device_t nodes
and let autoconfiguration proccess use them instead of creating
fresh ones. But this is kind of forward-thought, there's quite a
couple of things in our autoconf machinery that need to change
"device_t == ${foo}softc" being the most evil.

	-- Jachym