Subject: Re: __STDC__ in cdefs_elf.h
To: Garrett D'Amore <garrett_damore@tadpole.com>
From: Thor Lancelot Simon <tls@rek.tjls.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 09/08/2006 16:24:40
On Fri, Sep 08, 2006 at 01:14:27PM -0700, Garrett D'Amore wrote:
> I just found out why I can't clean this up.
>
> The assembler (gas) we use doesn't support ANSI C style token pasting.
> Changing this busted builds of locore.S.

This is because of one of my least-favorite bogosities about the GNU
compilers: they implement C token pasting and stringification in the
C language frontend instead of in the C preprocessor.  This has
annoyed me periodically for about a decade now; I wish it would annoy
someone with more GCC clue sufficiently to fix it!  :-)

Thor