Subject: todr_setcal, todr_getcal dead
To: None <tech-kern@NetBSD.org>
From: Garrett D'Amore <garrett_damore@tadpole.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 09/03/2006 12:57:41
All,

It appears that none of the TODR code we have in NetBSD makes fruitful
use of todr_setcal, or todr_getcal.  In other words, there are no
callers.  I propose to remove this routine from todr_chip_handle_t.
This will probably cause many ports to break until they are updated to
remove the (normally null) implementations of these routines.

Additionally, the todr(9) man page should probably be updated to include
documentation for the todr_wenable() and the member fields of struct
todr_chip_handle_t.  I can probably write an update for it sometime in
the next week or so.

How do people feel about removing todr_setcal/todr_getcal?  Can I just
remove them from the structure and let break what ports may? :-)

General Dynamics C4 Systems
http://www.tadpolecomputer.com/
Phone: 951 325-2134  Fax: 951 325-2191