Subject: Looking for testers: Broadcom NetXtreme II driver
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: Quentin Garnier <cube@cubidou.net>
List: tech-kern
Date: 09/03/2006 00:41:55
--1y1tiN5hVw5cPBDe

Hi,

http://taryn.cubidou.net/~cube/netbsd/bnx.diff

This is the port of the bnx(4) driver found in OpenBSD, being itself a
port of the Broadcom-supplied bce(4) driver found in FreeBSD.

I don't have the hardware myself;  a slightly earlier version of that
code was found to be working on i386, although neither VLAN nor jumbo
frames support have been tested.

amd64 was troublesome on the same machine because the card would only
read 0s through DMA and then send them on the wire.  Without any kind
of remote access to the machine, it's hard to debug.  I'm open to ideas
as to why the card would read junk when running an amd64 kernel.

Thus I'm looking for people with such hardware and the possibility to
test all the features before it goes in the tree.  It can be found in
recent Dell PowerEdge.

--=20

--1y1tiN5hVw5cPBDe

--1y1tiN5hVw5cPBDe--