Subject: Re: vidcvideo and videomode
To: Ben Harris <bjh21@NetBSD.org>
From: Garrett D'Amore <garrett_damore@tadpole.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 08/22/2006 13:34:21
Ben Harris wrote:
> [ moving from source-changes to tech-kern ]
>
> On Sun, 20 Aug 2006, Garrett D'Amore wrote:
>

>> Ben Harris wrote:
>>
>>> Add vidcvideo(4).
>>>
>> I meant to take a look at this.  Are you using the dev/ic/videomode
>> stuff, out of curiosity?   If not, and if you need to configure video
>> timings, you might want to take a look at that -- I intended that stuff
>> to represent common code.
>>

> I'm using the dev/videomode stuff, which I presume is what you mean
> (dev/ic/videomode.h looks like an older version).  I'm currently just
> using the static list of modes in videomode.c to pick a mode from at boot.
> I'm not sure what the best practice is in this area, but that seemed like
> a good start.
>

>> This framework also has support for EDID that
>> your code can use if it talks to DDC2 capable monitors.
>>

> Sadly, I don't think acorn32 systems have the hardware to support DDC.

Thanks for the response.  It sounds like you're DTRT, dev/videomode is
the right stuff.  I need to remove the dev/ic/videomode.h file, but
there are still some things that rely on it last I checked. :-)

    -- Garrett

General Dynamics C4 Systems
http://www.tadpolecomputer.com/
Phone: 951 325-2134  Fax: 951 325-2191