Subject: Re: USB card reader [UPDATE]
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: Jan Danielsson <jan.danielsson@gmail.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 08/19/2006 02:59:28
--------------enig84C594675E983A5821C97A5B

Jan Danielsson wrote:
[---]
>    Silly me. Turns out I hadn't enabled ehci, since there's a comment
> about it not being ready for prime time in the config-file. Once I
> enabled it, it seems to be working.
>=20
>    Concerning that comment.. In what way is it not ready for prime time=
?

   Ok, whoever wrote that warning *really* meant it!

   I was sure I had tried to enable ehci on another kernel before,
without being able to access my card reader. And sure enough; after a
reboot NetBSD would not detect the reader. I rebooted again, and it did
find the card reader. So detection is somewhat flaky.

   Also, I tried using the card, which turned out to be a pretty big
mistake. I've managed to hang NetBSD in various creative ways the last
few hours. Most of them involve the command "dd" and my SD-card. Very
educational.

   Has ehci support been enhanced in 3.1?

   If not, what needs to be done?

--=20
Kind Regards,
Jan Danielsson
Te audire non possum. Musa sapientum fixa est in aure.