Subject: Re: compressed vnd, cgd and encryption
To: Hubert Feyrer <hubert@feyrer.de>
From: Daniel Carosone <dan@geek.com.au>
List: tech-kern
Date: 06/23/2006 21:47:13
--nm6xw7ZBz6omhtYt

On Fri, Jun 23, 2006 at 01:36:50PM +0200, Hubert Feyrer wrote:
> On Fri, 23 Jun 2006, Stephen Borrill wrote:
> >3) As 2), but attempt to reverse order of cgd and vncompress
> >
> >Pros:	As 2), but should compress much better.
> >Cons:	As 2), plus is it even possible?
>=20
> I'd expect cgd to work as source for a compressed vnd image.
> If not that should be fixed.

cgd on vnd works, and is useful for just this sort of thing - think
about the vnd file on a remote not-entirely-trusted fileserver/NAS.

Note that vncompress means your vnd will be readonly, if that matters
to your needs, but you probably already discovered this.

--
Dan.

--nm6xw7ZBz6omhtYt

--nm6xw7ZBz6omhtYt--