Subject: Re: HEADS UP: timecounters (branch simonb-timecounters) merged into -current
To: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>
From: Thor Lancelot Simon <tls@rek.tjls.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 06/22/2006 16:26:38
On Thu, Jun 22, 2006 at 10:21:04PM +0200, Manuel Bouyer wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 22, 2006 at 04:08:42PM -0400, Thor Lancelot Simon wrote:
> >
> > Has this been fixed?  I've been holding off upgrading a few systems since
> > with xen, post-timecounters-merge, they just don't work.
>
> This needs more investigation. I've done various tests on my systems
> and coundln't reproduce any problems.
>
> Are you building with gcc-4 ? I'm still using gcc-3 only.

No, I am using gcc 3, which is the default.

A kernel from 10 minutes before the timecounters merge started works
fine, as I noted earlier.  After the merge, any dom0 kernel I build
hangs where indicated by the dmesg I posted.

The system is a Tyan Athlon-MP motherboard with one processor installed,
with NetBSD-current and Xen2.

--
  Thor Lancelot Simon	                                     tls@rek.tjls.com

  "We cannot usually in social life pursue a single value or a single moral
   aim, untroubled by the need to compromise with others."      - H.L.A. Hart