Subject: Re: com rumblings...
To: None <garrett_damore@tadpole.com>
From: Izumi Tsutsui <tsutsui@ceres.dti.ne.jp>
List: tech-kern
Date: 06/17/2006 15:30:06
I wrote:

> it has already happened on wdc(4), which now
> has multiple bus space handles for each register even though
> many people had implemented stride ops for their attachments.

Note there were certain people who complaind that the wdc
changes broke their ports, including private ones.
(maybe because missed changes didn't cause compile errors BTW)
I just thought if we could avoid MD changes we would get less
compalaints, so I proposed the compatible macros even though
I knew they were a bit ugly. But if the changes are actually
necessary, we don't have to hesitate at such compalaints
but just fix botches.
---
Izumi Tsutsui