Subject: Re: metahook(9)
To: None <elad@NetBSD.org>
From: YAMAMOTO Takashi <yamt@mwd.biglobe.ne.jp>
List: tech-kern
Date: 06/15/2006 17:47:48
> > i meant "filesystem-specific" == "can't be used anything other than
> > filesystems".  sorry if it was confusing.
>
> Can you please give an example of what else it can be used by?
>
> This code was written for a single purpose so maybe I have overlooked
> some other potential uses; an example would be best.

IMO, it should
	- handle normal filesystem activities including file removal.
or
	- be a plain hash code which is completely independent
	  from filesystems.  (like hashinit)

my main concern is, unless metahook handle filesystem activities as its own,
your new users of it might end up to put their own adhoc hooks into
vfs code as veriexec does.

> > i'm talking about the term here.
>
> Just so I get this right: you mean that you just want the documentation
> to use a different term..?

yes.  and function names etc.

YAMAMOTO Takashi